VolunteerThere is always room for you to get involved!
“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.”
There is always a need that you can meet, “START TODAY!”
Thank you for considering how you can contribute to the transformation of lives and communities.
In order to change the world, we all have to try, and the most effective tool for changing the world we as individuals have is volunteering to impact individual lives. Everyone has a skill or talent that can be used to build relationships and remove barriers others are facing. If you are reading this you have two great abilities already, initiative and a desire to help. This site will help you move from considering it to doing it. Below are some specific areas of need, a place you can jump in and make an immediate impact. Please take the time to review these opportunities and prayerfully consider your role in transforming lives and your community. We have multiple areas to plug in, some are ongoing, others event driven, find what fits your schedule and availability and sign up, it will be one of the best and most memorable decisions you ever make:
2018 Summer Block Party
Multiple volunteer opportunities available ranging from the day before to the day of.
Friday, June 22nd at 4pm – Event Preparation
Saturday, June 23rd- Block Party Event
- Event Set-up / 10am-1pm
- Shift 1 / 1-4pm
- Shift 2 / 3-7pm
- Event Tear down / 6-9pm
Each event shift includes a brief training and assignment details.
SIGN UP BELOW!
- Momentum Coaches (mentors): Total commitment is 1 hour per week, training is provided
- Momentum Classroom Facilitator (instructor): Commitment is 2 hours every class cycle, 5-6 class cycles annually
- Momentum MOM (provide food on Fridays to class participants): Commitment is up to the discretion of the volunteer (depends on number of meals you want to provide during a class cycle/annually), meals provided for ~14 people (click here to sign up)
- Substance Abuse Group Leader: 1 hour per week leading a group each class cycle, 5-6 class cycles annually
- Licensed Counselor: 1 day per week, each 6-week class cycle
- Health and Fitness Instructors
- Street Outreach Volunteers
- Food Prep/Server
- Event Planning and Coordination
- Youth Mentors
- Youth Leaders
- Administrative Support: (1 or more days a week)
- Data Maintenance and Record Keeping: (1 or more days per week)
- Audio/Visual, Special Events
- Event coordination/promotion
- Fund development team member
- Graphic design support
- Photographer for special events
- Audio/Video and editing
Organization & Program Needs
If you have items you would like to donate or purchase to assist with furthering the mission, that would be very appreciated. Below are listed items that would be helpful
- Commercial vacuums
- Desktop computers (new or newer)
- Vinyl folding chairs – (20) Needed
- 6’ vinyl folding tables – (5) Needed
- Flip chart pads – (20) or more needed
- Power tools (New or Like New) – All Types
- Hand tools (New or Like New) – All Types
- Work gloves
- Yard care tools/equipment
- General office supplies
All gifts are tax-deductible. If you would like to support Urban Alliance monthly or with a one-time monetary gift, please visit:Donate
Urban Alliance Volunteer Application
Urban Alliance seeks to transform urban communities through the power of relationships.